Welcome to the 2nd Grade Web Page!
Reminders and Announcements for week of
- We are starting chapter 3 subtraction strategies in math.
- Tuesday October 17th school is closed for students.
- We do have Spelling this week.
- We are beginning to learn the Act of Contrition in preparation for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation. Please practice this prayer at home. We will be having a quiz on it in November.
- Don’t forget to sign in and play Splash Math at home!
- Scholastic Reading Club flyers were sent home. All orders are due by October 20th.
Remember to fill out your child’s reading log and return it to school MONTHLY! Students should be reading at least 20 minutes each night to help with comprehension and fluency. Reading logs will start October 1st.
Please remember to pack your child with a healthy morning snack EVERYDAY! We do not have food in the classroom to give out. Morning snack helps provide children with the stamina and energy they need to focus on their learning.
Please take note that when your child is absent his/her homework will be placed in the homework closet located between the gym and the upstairs kitchen. Please pick it up when your child is absent and try to have your child complete as much as he/she can.
Reminder: Spelling homework does not need to be returned to school until THURSDAY. Please keep the workbook and spelling notebook at home and return it to school on Thursday.
Please sign or initial next to the homework assignments in your child’s agenda each night. We check for this each morning.
Specials Schedule for the Year
- Mondays: Art
- Tuesdays: Music
- Wednesdays: Gym (wear gym uniform) & Library (please return all library books by Wednesday)
- Thursdays: Spanish
- Fridays: Computers
*Please take note that homework is subject to change daily. Please do not work ahead. The homework is a direct reflection of what we have learned in school that day. On occasion homework might be changed or cancelled in order to best accommodate the needs of the class. Any changes will be updated on our web page that day. Please continue to check your child’s agenda and our page daily to ensure your child has the correct homework assignments. Thank you for your cooperation.
Monday – wb pgs 19
Tuesday – no school
Wednesday – wb pg 20
Thursday – wb pg 21
Friday – none
Spelling: Lesson 5
Monday – Box it Up and wb pgs 34 & 35
Tuesday – no school
Wednesday – Sentences and wb pgs 36 & 37
Thursday – Study, study, study for test on Friday!!