Welcome to the 2nd Grade Web Page!
Reminders and Announcements for week of
- We are continuing Chapter 14 in math this week.
- We are working on Vocab Unit 11 and Spelling Lesson 29 and will have tests on Friday.
- Permission slips for our class trip have been sent home. Please return the permission slip with payment to school no later than April 26th.
- Keep practicing the Prayer of the Eucharist at home!
- Mission Patches are due no later than Thursday April 27th.
- April Reading Logs have been sent home. Please help your child to read for 20 minutes each night and record it on his/her Reading Log. Reading Logs are due at the end of the month. Reading Logs for April will be due by Friday May 5th.
Remember to fill out your child’s reading log and return it to school MONTHLY! Students should be reading at least 20 minutes each night to help with comprehension and fluency. Reading logs will start October 1st.
Please remember to pack your child with a healthy morning snack EVERYDAY! We do not have food in the classroom to give out. Morning snack helps provide children with the stamina and energy they need to focus on their learning.
Please take note that when your child is absent his/her homework will be placed in the homework closet located between the gym and the upstairs kitchen. Please pick it up when your child is absent and try to have your child complete as much as he/she can.
Reminder: Spelling homework does not need to be returned to school until THURSDAY. Please keep the workbook and spelling notebook at home and return it to school on Thursday.
Please sign or initial next to the homework assignments in your child’s agenda each night. We check for this each morning.
Specials Schedule for the Year
- Mondays: Library (half class) & Spanish (Please return library books by Mondays)
- Tuesdays: Gym (wear gym uniform to school)
- Wednesdays: Library (half class) & Music
- Thursdays: Art/Computers
- Fridays: Art/Computers
*Please take note that homework is subject to change daily. Please do not work ahead. The homework is a direct reflection of what we have learned in school that day. On occasion homework might be changed or cancelled in order to best accommodate the needs of the class. Any changes will be updated on our web page that day. Please continue to check your child’s agenda and our page daily to ensure your child has the correct homework assignments. Thank you for your cooperation.
Monday: wb pg 118
Tuesday: wb pg 119
Thursday: wb pg 120
Spelling: Spelling Lesson 29
Monday: Write each word 2x each & wb pgs 170 & 171
Tuesday: ABC order & wb pg 172
Wednesday: sentences & wb pg 173
Thursday: Study for test tomorrow!
Vocab: Vocab Unit 11
Thursday: wb pg 127 & study for test!
Our vocab book has online resources! If you would like to explore them at home follow the directions here:
Vocab Online Resources