Welcome to the 2nd Grade Web Page!
Reminders and Announcements for week of
- We will be continuing Chapter 6 subtraction with and without regrouping this week. There will be a test on this chapter next week.
- We will have Spelling and Vocabulary tests this week.
- Respect Life posters are due Monday December 11th!
- We will be shopping at the Christmas Boutique on Thursday December 14th. Please check the Brown Envelope for times and details if you would like to help your child shop.
- We are having a grab bag in our classroom. Each girl is to purchase a gift for a girl and each boy is to purchase a gift for a boy. All gifts should be wrapped and labeled “boy” or “girl”. We will distribute the presents by playing a special game during our class Christmas party. Please note that gifts should not cost more than $10, candy is not allowed and please no gift cards. Gifts are due no later than Wednesday December 20th. Some suggestions for gifts:
Girls: small stuffed animal, doll, craft items, etc.
Boys: sports balls, small stuffed animal, legos, etc.
- Don’t forget to sign in and play Splash Math at home!
Remember to fill out your child’s reading log and return it to school MONTHLY! Students should be reading at least 20 minutes each night to help with comprehension and fluency. Reading logs will start October 1st.
Please remember to pack your child with a healthy morning snack EVERYDAY! We do not have food in the classroom to give out. Morning snack helps provide children with the stamina and energy they need to focus on their learning.
Please take note that when your child is absent his/her homework will be placed in the homework closet located between the gym and the upstairs kitchen. Please pick it up when your child is absent and try to have your child complete as much as he/she can.
Reminder: Spelling homework does not need to be returned to school until THURSDAY. Please keep the workbook and spelling notebook at home and return it to school on Thursday.
Please sign or initial next to the homework assignments in your child’s agenda each night. We check for this each morning.
Specials Schedule for the Year
- Mondays: Art
- Tuesdays: Music
- Wednesdays: Gym (wear gym uniform) & Library (please return all library books by Wednesday)
- Thursdays: Spanish
- Fridays: Computers
*Please take note that homework is subject to change daily. Please do not work ahead. The homework is a direct reflection of what we have learned in school that day. On occasion homework might be changed or cancelled in order to best accommodate the needs of the class. Any changes will be updated on our web page that day. Please continue to check your child’s agenda and our page daily to ensure your child has the correct homework assignments. Thank you for your cooperation.
Monday – wb pgs 47 & 49
Tuesday – worksheet in Take Home Folder
Wednesday – wb pg 50
Thursday – wb pg 51
Friday – None!
Spelling: Lesson 13
Monday – Box it Up and wb pgs 78 & 79
Tuesday – ABC order and wb pg 80
Wednesday – Sentences and wb pg 81
Thursday – Study, study, study for test on Friday!!
Vocabulary: Unit 4
Thursday: wb pg 43 & study for test tomorrow!