Welcome to the 2nd Grade Web Page!
Reminders and Announcements for week of
- Back to School Night is this Tuesday September 19th. Hope to see you there!
- Be sure to check your child’s agenda each night for each day’s assignments and intial in the yellow box. In addition please read and sign the agenda expectations on the first page in your child’s agenda.
- All Spelling homework is due on THURSDAYS.
- Math homework is to be completed the day it is assigned and returned the following day.
- We will be visiting the Book Fair at 1:30 on Tuesday. Parents are welcome to come and help your child shop. If you send in money for the Book Fair please send it in a sealed envelope with your child’s name on it.
Remember to fill out your child’s reading log and return it to school MONTHLY! Students should be reading at least 20 minutes each night to help with comprehension and fluency. Reading logs will start October 1st.
Please remember to pack your child with a healthy morning snack EVERYDAY! We do not have food in the classroom to give out. Morning snack helps provide children with the stamina and energy they need to focus on their learning.
Please take note that when your child is absent his/her homework will be placed in the homework closet located between the gym and the upstairs kitchen. Please pick it up when your child is absent and try to have your child complete as much as he/she can.
Reminder: Spelling homework does not need to be returned to school until THURSDAY. Please keep the workbook and spelling notebook at home and return it to school on Thursday.
Please sign or initial next to the homework assignments in your child’s agenda each night. We check for this each morning.
Specials Schedule for the Year
- Mondays: Art
- Tuesdays: Music
- Wednesdays: Gym (wear gym uniform) & Library (please return all library books by Wednesday)
- Thursdays: Spanish
- Fridays: Computers
*Please take note that homework is subject to change daily. Please do not work ahead. The homework is a direct reflection of what we have learned in school that day. On occasion homework might be changed or cancelled in order to best accommodate the needs of the class. Any changes will be updated on our web page that day. Please continue to check your child’s agenda and our page daily to ensure your child has the correct homework assignments. Thank you for your cooperation.
Monday – wb pgs 3 & 4
Tuesday – wb pg 5
Wednesday – none
Thursday – wb pg 6
Friday – none
Spelling: Lesson 2
Monday – Box it Up (completed in Spelling notebook) and wb pgs 16 & 17
Tuesday – ABC order (completed in Spelling notebook) and wb pg 18
Wednesday – Sentences (completed in Spelling notebook) and wb pg 19
Thursday – Study, study, study for test on Friday!!